No, although it’s common for both a direct deposit form and a voided check to be required and while both have similar information, they are not the same. The voided https://www.bookstime.com/ check serves as a verification of your routing number and account number. It’s possible that some employers or payment providers might accept this form by itself.
This blog does not provide legal, financial, accounting or tax advice. The content on this blog is “as is” and carries no voided check warranties. Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, and completeness of the content on this blog.
How to void a blank check?
Chase, for example, is one of the larger banks offering checkless checking. Voiding a check means it can’t be used to make a payment or withdraw money from your checking account. Set up direct deposit for your Huntington Checking account, and you could start receiving your pay early. When we receive your direct deposit information from your employer, we make your pay available to you, up to two days earlyΩΩ. FinanceBuzz is an informational website that provides tips, advice, and recommendations to help you make financial decisions. We strive to provide up-to-date information, but make no warranties regarding the accuracy of our information.
This means you can snap a picture of your paper check and deposit it into your account, right from your phone. Many checks have a checkbox to mark off after mobile deposit. However, you should also void the check after it has already been deposited to keep others from trying to use it if it gets lost or stolen. Whether you’re able to stop a check payment depends on when it was written and whether the payment has already been processed. And depending on your banking institution, there may be fees involved with stopping payment on a check. Keep in mind that voiding a check may also be necessary if you’re writing a check and making a mistake.
Financial Planning: The Three Banking Regulations / Law…
You can easily keep this information in the check registry of your checkbook. If for a business, direct payment or electronic payment is necessary then a voided check can be used to process the auto payment setup. See whether a preprinted deposit slip for a checking or savings account is acceptable. If you don’t have paper checks, you can still enjoy the benefits of direct deposit. Hey, maybe you realize you’d actually benefit from having checks on hand.
- The privacy practices of those third parties may differ from those of Chime.
- We’ve compiled all the information you need to learn how to turn a personal check into a certified check.
- If you don’t have a voided check, there are other ways you may be able to set up direct deposit.
- You can learn more about the standards we follow in producing accurate, unbiased content in oureditorial policy.
- You won’t have to worry about losing a check or wasting time cashing it or depositing it.
- Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- This can be because you are looking to make an ACH or Wire payment to someone’s account or to receive an ACH or wire into your bank account.